2015 American Centers for Cultural Exchange Conference (ACCEX)
SAVE THE DATE
2015 American Centers for Cultural Exchange Conference
June 14 - 16, 2015
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Xi'an, China
Arizona State University is hosting the 2015 American Centers for Cultural Exchange Conference (ACCEX) to be held in Xi'an on June 14-16, 2015, at the Crowne Plaza Xi'an hotel.
The theme for the June 2015 ACCEX conference in Xi’an is “Cultural Exchange: US and China, Business and University.” We will focus on cooperation between higher education and the business community in several sessions, including a panel of top executives of international businesses in Xi’an discussing ways that American Culture Centers and companies can work together for mutual benefit.
In addition, we will hear from ACCEX members on how to take advantage of opportunities funded from the Henry Luce Foundation grant.
Featured speakers include：
Thomas Hodges， Public Affairs Officer at the U.S. Embassy Beijing
- Appointed as Minister Counselor for Public Affairs at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing
- Served as Director of the Office of Public Diplomacy in the Bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs at the U.S. Department of State.
- Graduate of National Defense University and Vanderbilt University
Professor Xiao-huang Yin, Professor of American Studies at Occidental College, California
- Currently Fulbright Distinguished Chair Professor at Nanjing University
- Specialty is Chinese/Asian American experience and Chinese-American literature
- Founding director of Global Studies in the Arts and Humanities at Michigan State University
- Graduate of Nanjing and Harvard Universities
Professor Wei Li, School of Geographical Sciences & Urban Planning, Arizona State University
- Also professor of Asian Pacific American Studies, ASU’s School of Social Transformation
- Specialty is U.S.-China science, technology and education exchanges; and migration from the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) countries to the U.S. and Canada
We look forward to seeing you in June.
We are a network of educators and global leaders committed to educating the next generation of students and citizens about American culture, history, values and beliefs.
ACCEX is a bilateral organization of American Cultural Centers (ACCs) throughout China. These centers are located on university campuses and are jointly managed by American and Chinese Universities
The ACCs create programs, outreach activities, exhibits, lectures, and performances that foster a deeper appreciation for American society and values by thoughtful exploration of the nuances and complexities of American life.
The ACCEX network facilitates shared resources, cooperative programs, the exchange of ideas, and funding opportunities. ACCEX members and network supporters convene annually to build a stronger network and bilateral relationship between China and the United States.